Advertisers are increasingly turning to addressable programmatic to precisely reach their target audience. As more and more consumers are tied to their various digital devices and are spending increased time streaming media across multiple channels, it is no wonder that marketers are looking to target consumers across all devices seen within a household.
Addressable programmatic with Simpli.fi lets advertisers reach consumers household- by -household so that campaigns can take into account the various ways one household differs from another. The results are less wasted impressions, higher ROI, and most importantly more personalized and useful ad experiences.
What’s even more impressive, however, is what happens when advertisers layer on our Addressable Audience Curation tool with Simpli.fi’s addressable programmatic capabilities
Addressable Audience Curation: A New Dimension of Household-Level Targeting
With Simpli.fi’s Addressable Audience Curation (AAC) tool, advertisers can easily curate addressable audiences in real-time based on location and demographic data. Location data can be filtered by postal code, city/metro, congressional districts, and more. Advertisers can then build and activate a custom household-level audience in real-time using more than 700+ offline data variables (including demographic, economic, and political variables) for inclusion or exclusion via full Boolean capabilities. This is truly granular audience creation at your fingertips, and it can be implemented on the national scale.
What this means for advertisers is that ads can be served to the right households based on a number of demographic variables. And since it is essential for advertisers to reduce waste and maximize ROI, reaching the right person at the right time with a relevant message has never been easier. Once the ideal audience has been curated, advertisers can then utilize our Addressable Geo-Fencing solution to target all devices seen within the household.
No matter the size, advertisers from every industry can greatly benefit from targeting users at the household-level, and they can do so with mobile, video, display, native, or OTT/CTV ads. Simpli.fi’s cross-device graph associates all of the devices in a household, thereby linking mobile, tablets, desktops, and connected TVs. This makes it easy to reach users across all of their devices and enables attribution for both online and offline conversions.
Let’s dive into some strategies on how advertisers can capitalize on Addressable Audience Curation to reach the right target audience at the property-level.
Putting It All Together: Example Strategies Across Industries for Addressable Audience Curation
Now, let’s take a look at our AAC tool in action. The following are various use cases for Simpli.fi’s top verticals so you can see how this can play out on the ground.
Health & Fitness
- Business Type: National Fitness Center Chain
- Goal: Increase individual gym memberships
- AAC Targeting: Households in nearby postal codes comprised of users who are not married, and are interested in aerobics, walking, running, fitness, or healthy living
- Additional Option: Upload an address list of current gym members to exclude them from targeting, thereby avoiding wasted impressions
- Business Type: Car Dealership
- Goal: Encourage drivers to lease their next family-friendly vehicle through the dealership
- AAC Targeting: Households in nearby zip codes with users who have vehicle leases ending within three months, have household incomes under $85K, and have at least one child
- Additional Option: Put a Conversion Zone around the dealership’s location to track foot traffic resulting from the ad campaign
Home & Garden
- Business Type: Home Improvement Chain
- Goal: Promote fall deals for winterizing yard, outdoor furniture for football watching, and more
- AAC Targeting: Single family homes in the DMA of your storefront locations that have a property size between a quarter acre and five acres
- Additional Option: Put a Conversion Zone around storefronts to track foot traffic resulting from the ad campaign
- Business Type: Local Credit Union
- Goal: Introduce consumers to a new, low interest credit card
- AAC Targeting: Households in nearby postal codes with users who have credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover, and are in the 4th quartile – the highest average – for total credit card balance
- Additional Option: Put a Conversion Zone around credit union to track foot traffic resulting from the ad campaign
- Business Type: National Fast Food Chain
- Goal: Drive in-store traffic across all markets
- AAC Targeting: Households in the desired markets that have multiple people living within the household, have a household income below $50k, and have an interest in dining at fast food restaurants
- Additional Option: Put a Conversion Zone around QSR locations to track foot traffic resulting from the ad campaign
- Business Type: Public University
- Goal: Promote graduate programs to young adults
- AAC Targeting: Households in the state that feature adults who are under 35 years old and have undergraduate degrees
- Additional Option: Set up an online pixel to track how many online admission submissions or “Learn More” inquiries garnered from the website during the time of the ad campaign
- Business Type: Realtor
- Goal: Grow client list
- AAC Targeting: Renters living in apartments or multi-family dwellings who have pets
- Additional Option: Set up an online pixel to track website visits, form fills and more during the time of the ad campaign.
- Business Type: Sporting Goods Retail Chain
- Goal: Promote outdoor equipment
- AAC Targeting: Households within the local DMA that feature users who are 25+ years old and are interested in camping/hiking, skiing, hunting, or the outdoors
- Additional Option: Put Conversion Zones around storefront locations to track food traffic resulting from the ad campaign
Sports & Entertainment
- Business Type: Professional MLB Team
- Goal: Increase season ticket holders
- AAC Targeting: Households within the local DMA that feature users with an interest in baseball and have multiple people living within the house with a household income above $50k
- Additional Option: Set up an online pixel to track how many targeted users visit the site and purchase season ticket passes
- Business Type: Luxury Resort Hotel
- Goal: Encourage couples to visit its resort instead of taking a cruise
- AAC Targeting: Households in several key states that feature married couples who have household incomes of $100K+ and have previously taken cruises with an interest in travel
- Additional Options: Track online bookings
Please note that while the above use cases demonstrate how various industries and businesses can utilize Simpli.fi’s AAC tool, these are just some of the countless possible applications. With more than 700 demographic variables and full Boolean logic, the audience combinations are endless for nearly any type of advertiser.
To experience for yourself the limitless advertising potential of Simpli.fi’s Addressable Audience Curation, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org